My story really began in 1988, when I had my first baby. I fell in love with my daughter and the focus of my whole life changed. I began to feel the calling to work “with women”.
I began apprenticing with midwife Leigh Waggoner in 1995 in Northwestern Wisconsin, where we lived for 16 years. After 2 years working side by side with Leigh, I caught my first baby under her supervision and continued to gain experience and knowledge from the generous women who allowed me to be a part of their pregnancies and births.
Experience and Training
- Attended over 500+ births
- Bilingual; my second language is French
- Trained in hydrotherapy and massage therapy at Alpine Springs Lifestyle Educational Center 1992
- Completed an apprenticeship in Northwestern WI from 1995 – 1999
- Enrolled in Ancient Art Midwifery Institute from 1997 – 2004
- Worked in Mandeville, Jamaica with the International School of Midwifery 1999
- Licensed in the state of Wisconsin since 2007
- Worked in Haiti with Haiti Outreach Missions in February, 2010 (post earthquake) and Midwives for Haiti in 2010, 2015 & 2016
- Associates Degree in Direct Entry Midwifery from Southwest WI Technical College 2010
- Certified Professional Midwife since 2005 by the North American Registry of Midwives
- BLS/CPR/AED for healthcare providers – American Heart Association
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider – American Heart Association
- Chaplain training and internship with Kauai Hospice 2018-2020