The Global Fee for Services includes:
- Initial consultation and all prenatal visits, including a home visit in the 8th month
- 24-hour on-call access to your midwife (or back up) from 36 weeks gestation on
- Continuous care from your midwife during labor & birth, along with skilled midwifery assistants
- Use of labor/birth tub
- Postpartum care at your home within 48 hours of the birth and as needed the first week, follow up care as needed for six weeks
- Filing the birth certificate with the Hawaii State Department of Vital Records
- Newborn metabolic screening and pulse ox screen & normal newborn procedures like vitamin K
Global fee does not include:
- Prenatal diagnostic tests (e.g. ultrasound, labwork for mom and baby)
- Childbirth classes
- Client homebirth supplies – see client folder for supply list
- Other services or medical procedures
- Other postpartum diagnostic tests (e.g. the newborn hearing screen)
In the event of transport to a hospital, the full fee applies. We typically maintain postpartum visits and newborn care. In the event of transfer out of care before labor due to a high-risk condition, labor support services are offered for a fee of $500. For women who complete only partial prenatal care with us, the prorated fee is $150. for the initial and home visits and $90. per office visit.
Fees: Please look at our sliding scale fee chart to find your appropriate fee. The fee for midwifery care services during the pregnancy, birth and postpartum is due in full by 36 weeks. At the second prenatal visit, a non-refundable registration fee of $250 is due, and we will outline a payment plan to pay the remainder of the fee. If the fee has not been paid in full by the 36th week, the midwives cannot attend your birth, unless arrangements have been made previously in writing.
Please locate the amount of your total household annual income to the best of your knowledge. This is based on the honor system, not on your tax returns. Take your time to consider all the avenues of revenue. The corresponding amount would be my fee for midwifery care.
|Annual Household Income||Fee for Midwifery Care|
|Up to $20,000.||$2,000.|
|$20,000 – $40,000||$2,250.|
|$40,000 – $60,000||$2,500.|
|$60,000 – $80,000||$3,000.|
|$80,000 – $100,000||$3,500.|
|$100,000 – $150,000||$4,000.|
|$150,000 – $200,000||$4,500.|
|$200,000 or higher||$5,000.|
Financial Hardship: At Morning Glory Midwifery LLC, we understand financial hardship, especially when starting a family, still attending school, unable to find work, or for many other reasons. We will work with you to find a payment plan.